This part of the website is an English translation of the definitive hurdy-gurdy reference book Die Drehleier (The Hurdy-gurdy), written by Marianne Bröcker. For general information about this translation please see the Index Page.
This material is covered by copyright and may not be used without permission. Please see the Index Page for more information about distribution.
|Table of contents||Previous page||Next page||References||Figures|
61. F. Bonanni "Lyra Tedesca" (1722)
62. Hieronymus Bosch (c. 1450-1516) "Garden of Earthly Delights"; detail
63. Russian hurdy-gurdy
64. Russian hurdy-gurdy
65. 17th cent. hurdy-gurdy
66. "The Music Man" (17th cent.)
67. 18th cent. French hurdy-gurdy
68. Norman hurdy-gurdy
69. 18th cent. French engraving
70. French hurdy-gurdy player
contact us if you have comments or questions about
this page or other pages on this site.
Alden and Cali Hackmann
Olympic Musical Instruments
© Original text in German copyright 1977, Verlag für systematische Musikwissenschaft GmbH
© Translation copyright 2005, Olympic Musical Instruments and the Bröcker Tranlation Group