This part of the website is an English translation of the definitive hurdy-gurdy reference book Die Drehleier (The Hurdy-gurdy), written by Marianne Bröcker. For general information about this translation please see the Index Page.
This material is covered by copyright and may not be used without permission. Please see the Index Page for more information about distribution.
|Table of contents||Previous page||Next page||References||Figures|
281. Fitting the keybox
282. The bridges are fitted
283. The varnish - Monsieur Soing may perform 4-10 applications.
284. Fitting the tailpiece
285. Installing the tirant peg
286. Stringing with the 4 sympathetic strings
287. Fitting the pegs
288. Fitting the two chanter nuts
289. Stringing the chanter strings
290. Fitting the strings in the pegs
contact us if you have comments or questions about
this page or other pages on this site.
Alden and Cali Hackmann
Olympic Musical Instruments
© Original text in German copyright 1977, Verlag für systematische Musikwissenschaft GmbH
© Translation copyright 2005, Olympic Musical Instruments and the Bröcker Tranlation Group